Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Teach the world to sing



























But teach them Hedwig songs, of course. Lyrics stuck in my brain (and on the Bose) currently:


I'll lay out fine china on the linen
and polish up the chrome...

~~~"Sugar Daddy"

(Hmmm...sounds innocent enough, until you rethink that last part.)


By the gold light of your halo
I want to nail you..
.
~~~"Nailed"

(Pretty racy for a ditty - to Jesus, no less!)


Inside I'm hollowed out
outside's a paper shroud
and all the rest's illusion

~~~"Exquisite Corpse"


I look back on where I'm from
Look at the woman I've become
And the strangest things seem suddenly routine

~~~"Wig in a Box"

Those last two really speak for themselves.
Stephen Trask is a musical genius. Am considering a blog name change, since Incendiary Advice became neither of the two, and "Miss Midnight Checkout Queen" is a fitting Stephen/JCM/Hedwig tribute.

No more excuses, Chris -- get the cd already. ;)
Comments:
Hey, you have a smashing blog here! I will certainly bookmark your site ! I have a cholesterol books site. It reports most things that concern cholesterol books stuff. If you get the opportunity, your are welcome to come and check it out.
 
Just thought i'd say hello....:-) my blogs not up to much yet, but my satellite tv service related site is ok..... if you'd like to have a look.
its all about satellite tv service kind of stuff....
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

SherrodBrown.com : He's On Our Side
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Image hosted by TinyPic.com