Thursday, December 01, 2005

Sherrod Brown's campaign kick-off



Just got this email from Sherrod Brown:

Dear Friend,

This Friday, I will announce my candidacy for the United States Senate. I hope you can join Connie and me when we come to your part of the state.

On our multi-city kick-off tour, I will discuss the issues that we all care about: the war in Iraq, outsourcing, the high cost of energy and prescription drugs, and government accountability.

Click here to RSVP for an event in your area.

For 13 years, I have represented Ohio’s 13th Congressional District. I have seen too many workers in our great state lose their pensions, too many families lose their health care, too many young people lose hope. Too many parents who want to give their children a better life through education have seen their dreams shattered.

As you know, in politics, as in life, people make choices. As activists, you and I have chosen to fight for social and economic justice for our country and for our state. My early opposition to the war in Iraq, my commitment to fair trade and a higher minimum wage, and my belief in affordable and accessible education reflect values we all share.

Senator Mike DeWine has chosen to be on the other side of all of these issues. Our state deserves better than that.

That is why, in the tradition of John Glenn and Howard Metzenbaum, I want to be your next United States Senator.

I need your involvement and welcome your suggestions. Join us if you can, e-mail us whenever you want. We’re all in this together.

Sincerely,

Sherrod Brown


Locally, there's a free pancake breakfast this Saturday that our family will be attending. I'll be blogging on the event afterwards. Sherrod, while not a potential 2008 presidential candidate, really is worthy of the FDR mantle.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

SherrodBrown.com : He's On Our Side
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Image hosted by TinyPic.com