Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Where you've been, where you're headed and Bridget Jones



From where you've been to where you someday hope to arrive, and it's all summed up by dialogue from the oft-repeated on Bravo "Bridget Jones's Diary - now on Tivo!




Daniel Cleaver: Come on Bridget, we belong together - you, me, your little skirt. If I can't make it with you then I can't make it with anyone.

Bridget: That's not a good enough offer for me. I can't waste my whole life on someone who's just not sure. It's like you said, I'm still looking for something more extraordinary than that.



Mark Darcy: I don't think you're an idiot at all. I mean, there are elements of the ridiculous about you. Your mother's pretty interesting. And you really are an appallingly bad public speaker. And, um, you tend to let whatever's in your head come out of your mouth without much consideration of the consequences... But the thing is, um, what I'm trying to say, very inarticulately, is that, um, in fact, perhaps despite appearances, I like you, very much. Just as you are.

Bridget: Ah, apart from the smoking and the drinking, the vulgar mother and... ah, the verbal diarrhea.

Mark Darcy: No, I like you very much. Just as you are.




Bridget from the first movie? Scary resemblance to me, personality-wise. The second movie they made her a complete tool, though. And I've met plenty of Daniel Cleavers, but very few, if any, Mark Darcys in my life. Hence the "someday."
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

SherrodBrown.com : He's On Our Side
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Image hosted by TinyPic.com